Firstly, don't panic, go to your Doctor

It seems silly, but many people don't seek immediate medical advice. They wait some time [often in pain] thinking their "condition" will go away.

Don't delay. Go to your doctor and if your condition warrants it, treatment for it will start immediately. It will also be on record that your condition exists.

Then -

The Insurance Company will process your claim form and notify you (and us) directly if any additional information is required.

After the Insurance Company has the information it requires, your claim payments will commence after your waiting period has expired. Most plans pay monthly in arrears. As an example if you have a 30 day wait your first cheque will not come until after day 60 being 30 days in arrears. It will then flow month by month

When you recover and return to work, you may be entitled to "partial" benefits, if you start on light duties and there is a reduction in your pre-disability income. You may need some help with this, and we'll provide it. Also you'll receive a payment for any additional days that you were still disabled after your last benefit payment was paid.

So that's it - don't panic - don't worry - let us help you and follow our instructions and your claim will be handled smoothly.

PS DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU CAN NOT MAKE A CLAIM if you have not met your waiting period choice. There are instances where you may be paid without the waiting period applying for example -

  1. If you are hospitalised during your waiting period.
  2. If you have had a Specific Injury - broken arm, collarbone etc.
  3. If you have had a Specific Medical Condition e.g. Heart Attack or Stroke etc.

Trelaughney Pty Ltd
ACN 120 196 858, are Authorised Representatives of Synchron, AFS Licence No. 243313.
Registered Address: 85 – 87 Fitzmaurice St Wagga Wagga NSW 2650

The information contained on this website is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation. You should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs, and where appropriate, seek professional advice from a financial adviser.